The SE Kestrel takes a traditional singlecoil bass platform and adds PRS’s fit, finish, and attention to detail, delivering a new take on a classic instrument. No matter the style or decade, the Kestrel can achieve every bass part you loved growing up.
Kestrel (4B ‘S’) pickups are extremely punchy and focused, giving player the ability to walk a low-mid focused blues line, articulate a high-mid focused fretless style part rich with harmonics, nail the scooped midrange and sweet top-end sound slappers favor, and wield a razor sharp blistering rock bassline. This bass has growl to burn!
Designed in PRS’s Maryland shop, the Kestrel’s alder body and modern neck through construction provide sustain and evenly balanced tone. The maple/walnut neck has been meticulously designed, and the 34” scale length makes this an instantly comfortable bass for players old and new. A modern bridge allows you the choice of strings through the bridge or the body to yield even more tonal possibilities.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Wood: 5-Ply Maple with Walnut Strips, Neck-Through Construction
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Neck Shape: SE Bass - Depth at .5 fret: .792” - Width at nut: 1.591” - Width at end of fretboard: 2.500” - Fretboard radius: 7.500”
- Bridge: Hipshot TransTone
- Tuners: Hipshot HB6
- Hardware Type: Chrome
- Electronics: Passive
- Treble Pickup: PRS SE 4B ‘S’ Treble (PRS-Designed Singlecoil)
- Bass Pickup: PRS 4B ‘S’ Bass (PRS-Designed Singlecoil)
- Controls: Two Volume Controls and One Tone Control, Pickguard Mounted
- Controls: 45-105 Gauge