The Radial Tonebone TriMode Classic Distortion is a 12AX7-equipped tube distortion pedal with true-bypass clean tone and 2 distorted channels with separate input drive & output level controls. This lets you set-up completely different clean, rhythm and solo tones from a single pedal & amp combination. An innovative effects loop on channel-2 lets you insert an effect such as echo automatically when soloing. Features include 3-position overall tone shaping & drive ranges switches, master bass & treble EQ, independent mid boost on each channel and high frequency roll-off. Power supply included.
In response to the demand received by Tonebone aficionados for greater flexibility on stage, Radial Engineering is pleased to introduce the Tonebone Classic Tri-Mode, a distortion pedal that features a true bypass clean tone, and two separate distortion modes for rhythm and lead settings.
According to Radial President, Peter Janis: Since we launched the Tonebone Classic, we have received countless emails from guitarists praising its amazing scope and its ability to produce tones ranging from bluesy grit right up to full-on heavy metal saturation. For players that want to switch between two tones on stage, they have had no choice but to buy two Classics to get the job done. These more demanding players have unanimously asked us to produce a programmable solution that would at once give them more flexibility while reducing the space requirements on their pedalboards.
The Classic Tri-Mode is the solution that these players have been asking for. It is akin to having a two-channel guitar amp with separate input drive and output level on each channel and in bypass mode, you also get the third clean tone of the amp. With these controls, the player is able to set up a basic direct clean tone, a thick chunky tone for rhythm, and a searing power tone for soloing and can toggle between them with a single foot switching action. Just like the Tonebone Classic, the Tri-Mode cleans up like a real tube amp when the guitar volume is turned down, resulting in greater dynamics and more of the guitarist's personality and style to shine through.
Like the Tonebone Classic, the Classic Tri-Mode is a 12AX7 equipped tube distortion pedal that combines a proprietary solid-state overdrive circuitry with the warmth and harmonic generation of a vacuum tube to create its distinctive amp-like character. It features two distortion channels each of which is equipped with variable input drive and output level controls plus three position selectable mid-range controls for added body and sustain for soloing. For added flexibility, channel-1 is minutely characterized with a more open sound while channel-2 is more focused in the mid range to accentuate soloing.
Common controls to both channels include a three-position drive range control for low, medium and high saturation, bass and treble passive interactive equalization, and a high frequency roll-off filter that lets you tame overly bright amplifiers. The overall character of the Classic Tri-Mode can be set for'dark, normal or bright to allow the guitarist to further achieve his ideal tone.
To add even greater control, the Tri-Mode is equipped with a 1/4 inch TRS effects insert loop on channel two whereby when channel two is engaged, and effect such as reverb or echo may be automatically activated to enhance the solo. This allows the guitarist to pre-set upcoming effects and with a single foot action. No Tap Dancing!
Amazingly compact, the Classic Tri-Mode measures a mere 8 x 5 inches and is constructed from 14 gauge steel for added durability and supported with a 3-year warranty.
- True bypass clean mode
- Dynamic rhythm distortion mode
- Sustaining lead distortion mode
- 12AX7 tube for natural overdrive tone
- Effects loop on lead solo channel
- Isolated XLR connectors to eliminate chassis groundpotential.
- Pair of Jensen audio transformers provide 100%isolation to eliminate hum and noise causing ground loops.
- Military spec PC board with full surface ground planeto reduce susceptibility to RF noise.
- High grade switches - ensure long life and reliableperformance.
- 14-gauge steel welded I-beam construction makes itvirtually impossible to torque the PC board.
- Twin-Iso Input and Output Panels
- LIFT- Ground 'Push to lift' switch lifts pin-1 forboth 'INPUT-1' and 'INPUT-2'.
- INPUT-1 - 600 Ohm balanced input, female XLRconnector, AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
- INPUT-2 - 600 Ohm balanced input, female XLRconnector, AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around theswitches & connectors ﾖ indestructible 14-gauge steel construction.
- Full no-slip rubber bottom pad provides mechanicalisolation, electrical insulation and prevents unit from sliding around.
- Heavy-duty baked enamel finish for excellentdurability and great looks for years!
- OUTPUT-2 - Isolated 600 Ohm balanced male XLR outputconnector; AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
- 180 - Polarity Reverse phase reverse switch for'OUTPUT-2'.
- OUTPUT-1 - Isolated 600 Ohm balanced male XLR outputconnector; AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
- 180 - Polarity Reverse phase reverse switch for 'OUTPUT-1'.