The Mark Sampson designed Revolver was created based off of a custom stereo amp that Mark designed. The Revolver is an exact re-creation of that circuit and, in some respects, is even better! The Revolver is a stereo splitter/EQ and Boost that you can use as a stereo splitter, with no vibe, and then you can bring the vibe into the mix if you choose. The Boost/EQ section has that classic Mark Sampson chime that we are all used to so expect lush, beautiful, bell-like tones all the way around!
- Volume: The volume control is very powerful and drives fairly hard relatively early. This allows you to hit the front end of an amp or pedal to get very grainy, Leslie type sounds.
- Tone: The tone control is a very effective EQ that goes from dark to a very “chimey”, bright tone. It’s great to create that “Sampson Chime” before the vibe or trem is engaged.
- Std/Pitch: This is also mono or stereo depending on how you have the pedal set up. If it is just in boost mode the switch will change it from mono to stereo since the pedal is a stereo splitter. If the effect is engaged it will change it from a standard vibe to a pitch shifting vibe. When it is in “pitch” mode, you will really hear the stereo play between the two sides, depending on the intensity of the depth (see depth control).
- Effect On/Off: The pedal, as a whole, can be turned on as a stereo splitter or mono boost. With the effect on/off you have the choice to use the vibe effect or not yet still have a stereo splitter/boost option. Once the effect is engaged you can tweak the parameters as described in the std/pitch section.
- Speed: Changes the speed of the vibe from slow to fast.
- Odd/Even: When in stereo mode (with the vibe effect on) this switch allows you to change between an alternating L/R vibe effect in odd mode or a simultaneous pulse from both sides in even mode. It does take a few seconds to catch up in either setting and is very subtle.
- Depth: This allows you to set the intensity of the vibe effect. When set to full intensity you will really hear the interplay of each side giving you a dizzying stereo effect. With the depth knob set to very low intensity, it creates a beautiful, subtle vibe that is moody and lush!
- On/Off: Engages the pedal and, depending on if you have the vibe effect on or off, this will engage the mono/stereo boost or the vibe effect.
- NOTE: Each output sends a different type of vibe and each can be used as a mono output. Output “A” will give you a pitch/wah type vibe and output “B” will give you a more standard vibe with very slight pitch. The interplay of the two outputs is what creates such a dizzying effect!
- NOTE: This pedal can ONLY utilize a standard DC-9V power supply with a negative tip and positive sleeve (typical boss type adapter, see illustration below). There is NO option for a 9V battery because it would drain the battery too quickly.
- NOTE: The red LED will glow more brightly as the depth knob is turned up to display the intensity of the vibe. The red LED also pulses at the rate of the speed control setting.
- Dimensons: 4.75″ x 3″
- 9 volt Negative tip adaptor and a 5.5mm x 2.1mm jack.
- 9 volt Battery
- True Bypass Switching
All J. Rockett Audio Designs pedals operate off of the standard BOSS type 9 volt adapter or a single 9 volt battery. The power input is a 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm jack with the positive voltage on the outer sleeve. Using an external power supply will automatically disconnect the battery. Disconnect the input jack to preserve battery life when not in use or when not used with an appropriate, external power supply.
ROCKETT Revolver Overdrive Boost Guitar Effects Pedal 0.0 out of 1 5 based on ratings. user reviews.