Seymour Duncan Original Blackouts Pickup Set, Nickel with Free Ernie Ball EB2223 Super Slinky Strings
With this set you get 2 Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1 9-volt active humbuckers with metal covers for the heavy tone of a high-output bridge pickup and screaming leads from the neck.
Voiced for extreme heaviness, the Blackouts are perfect for all styles of old school metal, punk, garage, thrash, drop tunings, and heavy rock. They have a screaming voice with amazing midrange punch, producing thick, dark chords and hard-hitting leads.
Use Blackouts pickups in any humbucker-routed electric guitar. Includes 25K pots, stereo jack, battery clip, pin jumper, and other mounting hardware.
The "other" USA-made active humbuckers use unbalanced inputs in a differential preamp. The problem is, an unbalanced differential preamp is not very effective at canceling hum. Seymour Duncan engineers figured out how to capture the tone that players want in an active design, while using balanced inputs. The result is 12dB to 14dB less noise, plus more lows, more highs, and more output. Simply put, Blackouts have more tone than other active pickups.
* AHB-1 active humbuckers with metal covers
* Compatible in both bridge and neck position (jumper unattached at neck)
* Updated preamps and voicing
* Voiced for metal, punk, garage, thrash, drop tunings, and heavy rock
* Allows switching between output levels
* Includes: 25K pots, stereo jack, battery clip, pin jumper, and other mounting hardware