The Seymour Duncan Vise Grip is a studio-grade compressor designed for guitarists who want to take control of the dynamics of their sound, from a subtle smoothing-out of peaks and valleys to the most squished and pinched extremes and everywhere in between. The Blend knob lets you add as much or as little of the original signal as you like to the compressed sound, while the Mid/Full/High lets you choose the character of the blended signal. The Sustain knob determines how long your notes will ring out and the Attack control regulates how quickly the compressor reacts to your initial pick attack. Higher settings give you a late attack that lets your picking dynamics come through before the compression kicks in. And the Volume control does more than just let you match the output with your bypassed sound: you can also use it as a boost while taking advantage of the Blend and Mid/Full/High controls.
You can use the Vise Grip for everything from a simple dynamics adjustment - like a subtle or extreme increase in sustain, or a little extra clarity, body and volume for a clean solo - to more intense effects like a classic ‘squished funk’ rhythm scratch or a lo-fi, treble-heavy edge which is perfect for garage-band vibe. Then you can blend in just the right amount of the uncompressed signal and let the Mid/Full/High switch restore sparkle to the high end, fatten up the uncompressed signal for increased harmonic overtones, or simply make sure your effected sound remains consistent with your bypassed guitar tone.
- Compression Ratio: Soft-knee, adjustable from 1:1 to > 20:1
- Maximum Compressor Gain: +50dB
- Attack Speed: Adjustable from 2.0ms to 50ms
- Input Impedance: 1 Megohm
- Output Impedance: 2.75K ohms maximum
- Maximum Input Level: 3 Vrms
- Distortion: < 0.3% at 300mV RMS output at 1 kHz
- Noise referred to Input: -110dBV, 400 Hz - 20 kHz, input shorted
- Compressor Type: Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA)
- Power: 9V battery or 9V to 18 Vdc regulated adapter, center pin negative polarity
- Current Consumption: 21mA operate, 19mA bypass
- Dimensions: 2.60" wide X 5.0" long X 1.45" high
- Weight: 0.67 lbs.