This 18-watt, all-tube amplifier offers a wide range of classic guitar sounds. Driven by a cathode biased EL-84 power section and features a 5Y3GT tube rectifier, the Badger 18 delivers a variety of warm, sparkling cleans and rich, dynamic overdrive tones.
Whether playing a large stage, small club or your home studio Badger’s Power Scaling feature provides added flexibility. This makes it easy to dial in your ideal tone at any volume - from loud and cranked, all the way down to one watt.
Power Scaling emulates the tonal response of a high wattage amp on 10, at manageable volumes. Power controls the voltage that feeds the output section and in turn, the wattage. As you lower the voltage of the power section you are reducing the amount of signal it can handle before clipping the output section. To compensate for this we use the "Drive" control so you can easily scale down to 4 watts without losing tone & feel.
Feeds the input to the power section. With Power at 10 it acts as a master volume. As a rule of thumb, when you turn down the Power always set the Drive control within 2 numbers of the Power setting. If you set the drive lower than the power it will sound brighter, like a "master volume" amp.
Controls the amount of preamp gain by controlling 2 cascading gain stages simultaneously to drive the input stage.
Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls for each channel are post-gain and passive cut-style. We recommend starting around 5 and dialing to taste. As you increase Gain and/or Drive we recommend dialing back the Bass to retain clarity and definition in the low-end.
The Badger 18 tube compliment consists of two EL84 power tubes, three 12AX7 preamp tubes and one 5Y3GT rectifier tube.
TUBE-BUFFERED EFFECTS LOOP
Performs equally well with pedals and line-level rack gear. For best results ensure that the effects unit is set to unity gain.
- Includes two sets of speaker outputs wired in parallel:
- 8 Ω OHM:(1@8Ω or 2@16Ω)
- 4Ω OHM :(1@4Ω or 2@8Ω)
- Output: 18 Watts
- Tubes: 2-EL84, 3-12AX7 and 1-5Y3GT
- Combo speakers: 1x12” WGS Veteran 30
- Panel controls: On/Off, Power, Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble
- Gain Outputs: Dual speaker outputs: 4Ω, 8Ω & 16Ω impedance
- Cabinet: Void free Baltic birch ply
- Dimensions: Head: 20.5" wide x 9.25" high x 8.25" deep
- Combo: 20.5" wide x 24.75" high x 11.0" deep
- Weights: Head: 31 lbs, Combo: 66 lbs Included Accessories: Padded Cover
- Also Available: Matching Suhr 1x12” and 2x12” cabinets with WGS speakers