High gain addicts no longer have to wait up to two years to get the highly sought after SE overdrive modification (mod). For many years artists all over the world have sent us their beloved master volume amps to be modified. As part of the mod process, and to ensure reliability, these amplifiers undergo a complete overhaul; essentially transforming their old amplifier into a bullet-proof, high gain machine.
Due to the overwhelming demand for this mod, we have developed the SE-100 Hand Wired amplifier - the ultimate single channel high gain amp. The SE-100 Hand Wired incorporates our sought after SE overdrive mod, paired with a finely tuned '68 plexi output power section, which delivers a variety of classic and modern high gain overdrive tones, and 100 watts of power, that you can feel at your fingertips.
Every SE-100 Hand Wired is meticulously handcrafted and offers a number of unique features such as: a plexi-style output transformer, four gain stages, and a bypassable low impedance tube effects loop optimized to interface with line level rack gear.
For high gain addicts, this amp delivers: muscular British crunch, chest pounding high-gain, and well defined, bone crushing drop tuning tones - all with a simple turn of the gain knob!
Power Select Switch
- Offers the following three-positions:
- OFF: Amplifier's power mains are switched off
- ON: On, normal operation
- Standby / Standback
With the power switch in the OFF position and the Standby switch in the Standby position, flip the power switch to ON. Wait sixty seconds, then flip the Standby switch to the Standback position.
To power down, switch the amplifier from Stand Back to Standby, then the power switch to the OFF position.
Note: To avoid loud popping or damage, ensure the amplifier is in the Standby position.
- Presence: Adjusts the amount of high frequencies. Turning it clockwise adds sparkle and brightness to cut through a mix.
- Bass: Adjusts the amount of low end. Turning it clockwise increases the amount of low frequencies, giving you a fuller bass response. Turning it counter clockwise reduces bass and tightening up the bottom-end. This can be very useful when performing at louder volumes, and with higher gain settings.
- Middle: Adjusts the amount of midrange in your signal and offers the following tonal options:
- Classic Rock: settings between 4-6 offers more punch and openness well suited for fat Classic Rock style tones.
- High Gain & Metal: settings between 2-3 produces a mid-scooped sound, useful for dialing in a stiffer feel for more aggressive High Gain, Metal and Drop Tuning playing styles.
- Treble: Adjusts the top end. Turning it clockwise increases the amount of treble, giving your tone clarity and cut. Turning it counter clockwise produces a warmer sound, excellent for dialing in smoother fluid-like lead tones.
- Level: Adjusts the overall output level.
- Gain: Adjusts the amount of pre-amp overdrive added to your signal and offer the following tonal options:
- Classic Crunch: settings between 1-3 offer a variety of British crunch rhythm tones with excellent clarity and articulation.
- High Gain: settings between 4-6 offer a dramatic increase in gain with extended low-end thump without loss of definition taking you from Hard Rock to 80's Heavy Metal.
- Metal/Drop Tuning: settings between 7-10 offer increased saturation, harmonics for additional sustain and character when playing drop and alternate tuning playing styles.
- Input: Instrument Input
- Effects Loop: The SE-100 has a tube buffered, low impedance series effects loop that is designed to accommodate line level effect processors.
- Note: We do not recommend using instrument level stomp boxes in the effects loop to avoid the possibility of overloading your effects device.
Using the Send and Return Jacks
- Send - Connect the input of your effects device to the Send jack.
- Note: The SE-100's Send jack is always active. This can be used to send the pre-amp section of the SE-100 to an external power amp for a wet/dry/wet effects setup.
- Return - Connect the output of your effects device the Return jack.
- Note: This jack can also be used to access the SE-100's power section.
- IMPORTANT: Never plug the speaker output of an amplifier to this jack.
- Send - Adjusts the output level of pre-amp signal sent to your effects device/audio source.
- The Effects Loop Switch - This switch is responsible for activating/bypassing the series effects loop.
- Selecting Active will engage the effects loop into the signal path.
- Selecting Bypass will remove the effects loop from the signal path.
- Depth: Adjusts the amount of low-end boost added to the amplifiers power section. This provides more bottom end while retaining focus and clarity.
- Speaker Outputs: Two loudspeaker outputs wired in parallel with 3-way impedance selector switch for 4Ω, 8Ω & 16Ω.
- IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to your amplifier, do not operate without a speaker or suitable load.