The Suhr SL68 Hand Wired Amp, now includes a Master Volume control (located on the back panel), and is available at Pro Audio Land.
Each SL68 amp features hand wired construction, four EL-34's (which deliver 100 watts), four inputs, two channels, a Low Power switch, a Master Volume control, and delivers a wide range of classic and modern tones.
From warm and sparkling cleans, to high-gain *Variac style overdrive tones, the SL68 is the foundation of great rock tones!
Power Select Switch Offers the following three-positions:
- OFF: Amplifier's power mains are switched off
- HI: On, normal operation
- LOW: Changes the SL-68's feel from tight and aggressive to spongy with a smoother attack, excellent for solo playing.
- Presence: The Presence control adjusts the amount of high frequencies added to your sound, turning it clockwise will add more cut and sparkle to your tone.
- Bass: The Bass control adjusts the low end, turning it clockwise increases the amount of low frequencies in your tone.
- Middle: The Middle control adjusts the midrange, turning it clockwise increases the mids, making it fatter. Turning it counterclockwise will reduce the mids and produce a scooped type of sound.
- Treble: The Treble control adjusts the top end. Turning it clockwise increases the amount of brightness or treble frequencies in your tone.
- Volume I: Adjusts the overall output level of Channel I.
- Volume II: Adjusts the overall output level of Channel II.
- Channel I Input (top): Has a high sensitivity and voiced brighter than Channel II.
- Channel I Input (bottom): Has low sensitivity and offers a slightly warmer tone.
- Channel II Input (top): Has high sensitivity and offers a normal/bassier tonal response.
- Channel II Input (bottom): Has low sensitivity and a normal/bassier tonal response.
- Bridging or Jumping the channels will unlock a palette of sounds and expand the SL-68’s possibilities. Begin by plugging your guitar into the top (high sensitivity) input of Channel I, then run a short instrument patch cable from Channel I’s bottom (low sensitivity) input to the top (high sensitivity) input of Channel II, then blend Volume I and Volume II controls to dial in a wealth of new and unique tones.
- Output: 100 Watts RMS
- Tubes: 4-EL34 & 3-12AX7
- Front Panel: Power Select Switch, Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume I, Volume II controls and four inputs
- Back Panel: Master Volume, 2-Speaker outputs, Impendance selector (4Ω, 8Ω, & 16Ω), HT Fuse, Mains Inlet and Mains Fuse