Big Bass Wattage from an Ultra-portable Head!The TC Electronic RH450 bass amplifier head gives you more than just a powerful, great-sounding head. One look at this ultra-compact, easy-to-use head and you won't believe the RH450 puts out an astounding 450 watts - and that's just the beginning! You get analog and digital direct outs, programmable EQ, selectable user memories, tube-emulation circuitry, and an integrated compressor. A rehearsal input for music players, headphone jack, and tuner are also built into the small-but-mighty RH450!
Powerful and portable
The 450-watt high power output level of RH450 is accomplished by using Class D amplifier technology in combination with TC Electronic's Active Power Management (APM). APM effectively means that the amp behaves very much like a tube amp when getting close to maximum performance by optimizing the power impact, contrary to the hard-clipping tendencies of transistor amps and most other Class D amps. And this head is incredibly portable, to boot!
Rehearsal inputs and integrated tuner
Playing any instrument on its own can be a little dull, but everyone needs time to practice, which is why RH450 has rehearsal inputs. This rear panel-mounted feature allows you to plug in your iPod, phone, computer or MP3 player via the supplied mini-jack to RCA cable adapter for easy practicing and playing along with recorded music. The headphone amp is a high quality model taken straight from TC Electronic's Studio Konnekt 48 and includes a speaker filter on the bass signal.The onboard tuner is amazingly convenient. Simply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the Rebel Control for easy remote access to this functionality.
User memories and direct outputs
You might not use presets, but only because you've never had the chance! Anyone who's used different basses on stage knows that a few user memories on your amp would be welcome. With RH450 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the 'car radio'-style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner. A transformer-balanced line out gives you stellar live-sound DI and direct-recording performance - even with long cable runs! Speaking of direct recording: a built-in AES/EBU connector lets you plug straight into your DAW.
Straightforward but incredibly versatile tone controls
The RH450 features straightforward controls, much like those you'd find on traditional amps. Voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you're ever going to need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - TC Electronic has given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls. This functionality allows you to pinpoint a frequency you either want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.
Tube Tone and Spectra Comp
Most transistor designs have tried to replicate the tube sound using one small pre-amp tube, but they generally fail as they don't take into account the crucial characteristics of the full pre-amp and power amp sections - both of which are essential to the sound. TubeTone emulates all characteristics to deliver the full tube sound. Likewise, integrated compressors generally don't sound that good. A regular compressor tends to be dominated by the lower string, but RH450's Spectra Comp technology allows virtually 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the compression across all strings.
TC Electronic RH450 450-watt Bass Amplifier Head Features:
- Input connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm/100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32dB
- Tone controls: Bass - Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Low Mid - Center Freq: 400Hz (range:
- 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); High Mid - Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Treble - Center
- Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube emulation circuitry
- 3-band spectral compression
- User Memories: Three memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute and Master Level
- Tuner: Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level Headphone output
- Studio-quality headphone amp
- Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply: Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (80w at 1/8 power)
- Speaker out: Combined Speakon/1/4" jack
- Power rating: 450W (800W Peak)
- Balanced output: Transformer-balanced XLR, pre/post pre-amp
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 ohm
- Preamp out: 1/4" jack, balanced output, max output level = +8dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
- Rehearsal input: RCA, left/right input, works with iPod and other music players
- Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
- Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, cable with shield
- Dimensions: 10.8" x 11.4" x 2.6"
- Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Finish: Sandblasted die-cast aluminum
Designed as a floor controller for RH450/RH750, RC4 offers you a tuner indicator, a mute switch, and three preset foot switches to recall the three user memories. RC4 is conveniently powered from the amp and is a great addition to the system.
- Type:Solid State
- Number of Channels:1
- EQ:4-band tone
- Amp Modeling:No
- Number of Models:0
- Number of Tubes:0
- Preamp Tubes:0
- Power Tubes:0
- Inputs:1 x Instrument; 2 x RCA (CD)
- Outputs:1 x Speaker; 1 x digital; 1 x line
- Footswitch I/O:No
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Weight:8.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:RH450
RC4 - Tech Specs
- Dimensions: 340 x 55 x 60mm
- Weight: 0.8 kg / 1.6 pounds
- Foot switches: 4 x high quality foot switches and illuminated light ring
- Tuner indication: 30 bright red LEDs
- Power: Powered from RH450
- Amp Connection: 5-pin DIN connector in shielded connector well