Ready to super-charge your Mac or PC tower with world-class analog sound? UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. The UAD-2 packages feature a user-installable PCIe-format processing card for your desktop tower or compatible expansion chassis, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you vintage tone and character, right out of the box.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards are available in four distinct processor levels: SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO. With scalable processing power from one (SOLO) to eight (OCTO) individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, UAD DSP Accelerators offer a big mixing horsepower “boost” to your host Mac or PC workstation.
UAD-2 DSP Accelerators are available as “Core” and “Ultimate” software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (see contents above right). The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes more than 55 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v6.3.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC towers and PCIe expansion chassis
- Access nearly 60 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO models w/ 1, 2, 4, or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- All packages include “Analog Classics” bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO: low-profile, half-height, short PCIe card
- UAD-2 DUO/QUAD/OCTO: full-height, short PCIe card
- 1, 2, 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
UAD-2 PCIe Minimum System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate Edition
- (Mac) OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software