Ozzy Osbourne Injured in House Fire

Bad news for the Prince of Darkness as Sharon Osbourne has revealed that her famous bat-biting husband Ozzy was injured early Thursday morning while trying to put out a fire at their Beverly Hills home.

The Black Sabbath singer suffered facial burns, hair loss and re-opened a cut in his hand made during recent surgery after an unattended candle exploded its glass holder.

Sharon came clean during her co-hosting duties on The Talk that it was she that had gone to bed without putting out the candle that eventually put out Ozzy’s eyebrows.

“At five o’clock I heard a noise like metal had fallen,” said Sharon. “I thought it was my housekeeper so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up. Then my dog started to bark.”

She went on to say that when they both went downstairs to investigate, they found their living room in flames. Ozzy then attempted to bat out the fire using his arm which was in a cast following an operation earlier this week, leading to further injuries.

 “He opens the doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it – and it erupted,” Sharon explained. “Ozzy’s front of his hair is gone. His eyebrows. He’s got skinned cheeks. He made his hand worse. It started to bleed. We are two idiots: everything you’re not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors, put water on – we did it all.”

Luckily for all of us Black Sabbath and Ozzy fans, Sharon vows she’ll never make the same mistake again – well, maybe; in 2005 the Osbournes’ home in Buckinghamshire, England, caught fire and the couple had to be treated for smoke inhalation as a result.

Sharon did have a few words of wisdom to bestow upon us: “Please check your candles before you go to bed.”

Truer words were never spoken! Anyways, on the music side of things, Black Sabbath this week announced the title of their reunion album with Ozzy will be called 13 and features Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk. It’s due for release in June.

And with that, we leave you with this very appropriate video of androgynous dubstep robot Skrillex burning his hair at his birthday party. Have a great weekend!

Leave a Reply